Thursday, October 11, 2012

Man down! posted by Robert


Man down! Another man down!

Today was probably the mellowest day yet.  Other than riding down some amazing roads at some pretty amazing speeds, not much happened today.  Well there was at least ONE interesting thing that happened.  My travel mates told me blog about this but, since there was not much else to talk about, here it goes.  We stopped at our first beer break right in front our newly discovered toy, a roundabout.  After our break we jumped on our bikes.  I could see what was coming so, as Scott and Keith started up their bikes, I reached for my camera.  Before I could get out the camera, Bam, Scott was down sliding across the pavement.  Before I could react, or get out my camera, Bam, Keith was sliding across the pavement.  Two down at the roundabout in less than five seconds.  Getting up with their pride hurt and their clutch levers broken they sped away and I quickly followed.  Off and riding I was soon listening to them bitch about going down before the newbie and blaming the whole thing on the slick painted arrows on the road.  Down the road we stopped to repair the clutch levers and console Ngoc and assure him that his bikes were alright.  Scott rolled up his sleeve to show me the injury to his elbow which appeared to be the only injury sustained.

Posted by Robert the last man standing.

Oh, I forgot to mention.  At our lunch stop Scott found a nice woman to help comfort him after his crash.  She was a sweet woman.  We guessed she was about 90.  We later found out she was 74.  Check out the pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment