Saturday, October 13, 2012

Recounting the day

So here we are.....actually I don't know where here actually is, but here had beer.

Today robot had his turn at a cow.....really, really close. I almost hit a guy with a kid on his shoulder.

He walked right out into traffic with out even looking. Scott goes down again (he calls it a tip over) and we found new obstacles to try and avoid. We found trees, water and mud. The video should be good. The route we followed ended at water with all 3 of us racing for the lead. The road curved around a blind corner an dove straight under the water with two dirt trails leading off both directions around the huge body of water. We tried really hard to find our way around but never succeeded. Great video though.

Currently we are sitting on a gravel side road with another flat tire....all of our tools are with Ngoc our fearless guide. He is about 20 miles away, waiting at our hotel. The good news is we found cold beer. Probability our most expensive stop in Vietnam. The total bill was $20 usd only 1.50 was for the flat tire, the rest was beer. You probably need a perspective for this $20....our total food,hotel and beer bill for the last 8 days has been $350...half of that was just beer. The guys were picking on me for the second nail in my bald tire...only because of the bar bill.

We figured we were not far from our hotel ....what can go wrong from here.....I guess we forgot to post the condition of our bikes..Scotts back tire has been bald for several days...I blew a seal (front fork)....thus the new nick name the gay walrus...and both tires are shot on my bike. I have been trying to trade bikes with Roger (robots new nick name)....but he refuses. By the way he almost went down..even if the picture doesnt get posted...we know.

Shortly down the road...Chubby's yells through headset I have a yellow light flashing....we were all thinking .....not now. Robot and I are looking at our dashes, because nothing has worked the entire time we have had these bikes. Check engine light...these bike are old and there is no such thing. What is he babbling on about....then the it hits us...his turn signal was on.....oh my we all most fell over riding our bikes we were laughing so hard.....I have not seen that light the entire trip so it scared me said Scott....Robert and I were in tears...we have to pull over and rest a second....let's help him turn off his flasher.

So we hit he road..not a great path, but not far to go...thinking the gods are with us.... chubby films the descent in to Da Lat....not all goes well...you will have to watch the video to find out what happens...I will know who watches...

The score....Scott and I down twice...Robert still standing

Posted by Keith the gay walrus..

No comments:

Post a Comment