Friday, October 5, 2012

Who wants to be a millionaire? by Robert

Ding-Dong:  The Vietnamese has chosen to name their currency after the latter part of a door bell ring.  Do you want to be a millionaire?  Come to Vietnam, because just by walking into a bank and exchanging a small amount of money we instantly became millionaires.  The 20,850 Dong to 1 US dollar meant that we walked out of the bank will over two million Dong.  Now you won't be able to go out and buy a Ferrari, but you will be able to buy a lot of beer, which we immediately did.  The beers only cost 20,000 Dong, or less than a dollar.

Last night while we were sitting on a balcony drinking our last two beers of the day, watching Scott skillfully launch our bottle caps at the unsuspecting masses below, I asked my fellow travels a question related to money and laws of the country.  "If I went down on the street pulled out my wallet and started fiddling with my money, would I get arrested?"  My travel companions looked at me a little bewildered and like I was a huge idiot.  "No, of course not." They replied.  "You mean that it is not illegal to go out into the middle of the street and fiddle with your Dong?"  Strange country.

Posted by Robert the millionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment